Description: House built at 405 Cabell at the corner of D Street in 1852-53 by Albert G. Dabney on land he purchased on Daniel Hill in 1848. The cast-iron fence may have been made in Dabney's Phoenix Foundry. Purchased in 1856 by Charles Scott who added the over-size dormers in 1888. His daughter Susan Leigh Scott married Capt. R.H.T. Adams who purchased the house following his father-in-law's death. There is a fine plaster cornice and ceiling design in the parlor. At the time of the photograph at left it was the home of Jack Adams and his sister Miss Sue Adams. It remained in the Adam's family until 1968 when presented to the Lynchburg Historic Foundation. Top photo taken in 1959, bottom in 1956.