Description: Built about 1845-47 by Vincent Tabb (?). Acquired in 1857 by Charles R. Slaughter who wrote the articles of secession when Virginia left the Union at the time of the Civil War. Slaughter practiced law with his uncle Samuel Garland, Sr. His daughter Mary Slaughter married J. Singleton Diggs. At the time of the photos it was owned by Mr. & Mrs. Alex Wallace and has been made into apartments.
Top left: North facade showing the results of extensive remodeling by the Digg's family in the 1890's. Bottom left: South facade shows the house as originally built. Bottom right: Tower on southeast corner added in 1890's.