Description: Moved to its present site in 1931-32. The house orginally stood on lot 55 on the corner of 7th and Court Streets where the Arlington Hotel was later built. The house was built around 1810-15 possibly by Peter Detto. Purchased by Bishop John Early in 1822. He gave the city of Lynchburg a lifetime of service4 and donated the propery for Spring Hill Cemetery where he is buried. At the time of the photo in 1956 it was the home of Mrs. Frank Carrington and known as Crescent Hill.