Description: The house faced the North end of 5th Street and was built by Dr. John Jordan Cabell in about 1811. He was a brother of Dr. George Cabell of Point of Honor. After John Cabell's death in 1834 the property went to his daughter Henrianne's. She married Samuel H. Early, brother of Jubal Early. General Early stayed here to recover from wounds received at the battle of Winchester and again when he directed the battle to save Lynchburg in 1864. The house was demolished about 1902. The Elk's Club was erected on the site.